A national retailer with hundreds of stores across the country is on a mission to become customers favorite personal and digital financial services and omnichannel brand. To ensure its online presence and services are managed securely, the company uses Cerby to protect the brand, be secure and increase productivity.
The company’s marketing team manages multiple applications like WhatsApp and Google Ads for different services of the brand such as stores, loans, insurance and sales to connect with their customers. The complexity of managing applications like Facebook and Hootsuite drove leadership at the company to find a better solution that complied with corporate IT security policy.
The marketing and IT teams required a solution that would provide:
- Central control for provisioning and deprovisioning accounts
- Better security for multiple apps such as Facebook, Google Ads, Google Analytics, and Hootsuite
An “easy button” for removing access in the event of a catastrophic situation
Unrestricted access to social media apps due to their non-support for identity standards like single sign-on.
Social media posed a problem with adhering to corporate policies with users logging into apps with personal accounts. Teams also managed multiple social accounts with shared passwords and access codes for two-factor authentication (2FA).
Aligning with a companywide approach of zero trust principles and empowering business units, the marketing and IT teams began seeking a better solution to gain visibility and control access to shared social media accounts. The team identified Cerby as the best solution to enable team-based access to social media platforms, increase security and elevate their compliance.
Benefits of Cerby
Cerby is unlike legacy password managers, Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs) and other heavy-handed enforcement-based approaches that disrupt productivity, in three ways:
- It helps protect the brand by connecting any application to corporate identity systems, even those that don’t support standards, enabling the automated creation and deletion of accounts and access that when done manually, often leads to breaches.
- Keeps you secure by identifying violations of corporate policy and industry standards and automatically corrects errors before they are discovered by attackers.
- It increases productivity by empowering end-users to administer their own applications, offloading and automating manual processes such as shared access for social media and financial applications, enabling two-factor authentication and rotating passwords.
Once Cerby fully takes over the authentication process, the platform effectively locks out anyone who doesn't use Cerby for access. This reduces the risk of bad actors hijacking accounts or sidestepping access policies and time restrictions.
Security teams love Cerby too as it moves previously insecure social platforms into a zero trust architecture.
The company has set up access control and management of hundreds of previously individual user accounts across multiple social media platforms. Hours have been saved by the teams on user management and they are able to shift their focus to more customer engagement and marketing efforts. Leadership is also driving their teams to use only Cerby to manage their passwords.